New Year Resolutions

I feel like every new year, we make resolutions we intend to keep, but forget them as the year goes by. I am guilty of making vague and unattainable objectives that I regret latter on. So in 2017, I decided to get it together and set goals that I wish to attain by the end of 2017. The process might be long and filled with hardships but I intend to keep those resolutions. 1. Run a half-marathon Almost everybody's plan is to get healthier. Whether it is about fitness or nutrition, we all have the same goal. Here is the thing: I can't have that Victoria's Secret angel figure if I don't change my habits.  Trying to blindly attain a certain body type won't give me a better quality of life. During the process of reaching a goal, we all have to go through a questioning process; Why I am doing this? What motivates me? Why am I stalled? What can I do to help myself?  Deciding to run a half-marathon isn't new to me, I have been running for quite a while. I first did a 5k run, then a 10k and, now, a half-marathon. Set concrete goals that are attainable and you will succeed.
2.Get better at photography Whether it is on social media or simply for fun, I love taking pictures of different subjects. Each year, when I look back at my photographs, I can't help but notice the mistakes I made. And each time, I feel like my skills got slowly better, but never enough. I wouldn't see myself as a perfectionist, but I would like my photography to get to a certain level. So this year, I decided to treat myself to a new camera, and maybe a photography class. I sincerely hope you will like the results.
3. Think positively It is no secret that 2016 was rich in amazing experiences, but also quite sad in some parts. This year, I lost a person that was very dear to me. Even though it is part of life, it got me thinking negatively for a while. What got me back on track was thinking that this person wouldn't want me to be sad. This year, I set the goal to stay positive. It might sound corny and, to some people, unrealistic, but I strongly believe there is a bright side to almost everything.

4. Put myself out there more It is so easy to be behind the camera or behind the computer screen and post beautiful pictures with cute captions. But, putting yourself out there for the world to see, whether it is your face or your personal thoughts, isn't easy to do. This year, I decided to show more of myself, get more personal and step out of my comfort zone to show you a different side of me. My interests are various and I hope to show them to you on the blog during this upcoming year.
5. Spend time on myself Working full time as a nurse and part-time as a blogger can take the majority of my time (if not all) and, for the little time that was left, I would spend it with my family and friends. This year, I decided to take care of myself more. I will prioritize those moments alone with myself when I need them. I will work on myself to make me feel good in my own skin. I will cry if I want to cry, I will laugh if I want to laugh and I will take time off to relax. This doesn't mean I will barricade myself and live as an hermit. On the contrary, I will see my family and friends when I want to and have a great time, because I will be the best version of myself.
I know these resolutions might reach some of you and some not at all, but I hope it made you reflect on yourself and your 2017 goals. Remember that there are a lot of ways to reach your objectives and that mistakes were made to open new doors.

Enjoy,
The little traveller's boots
Xox

Pictures location: Stoneham, Québec

No comments:

Post a Comment