Top 5 places to visit in 2017

It is midnight on the first day of 2017; we wish everyone a happy new year, make resolutions we probably will not keep and think of buying a gym membership. January 1rst is always a day filled with excitement for the upcoming year. It is the beginning of a new calendar and opportunities, making us realise we have a promising future ahead of us. To some, like myself, this future is filled with travels and discoveries. You can be sure that as soon as the clock strikes midnight in 2017, I'll be on my computer, trying to find the best deals to travel all over the world. 2017 is looking particularly bright on that area. Airplane tickets are getting cheaper and countries are making themselves look enticing by investing in the tourism industry. All of this combined makes us ready for new adventures. Some countries especially distinguished themselves over others;  here are my top five places to visit in 2017.

1.Taiwan
Even though it is a small island located in the Pacific Ocean, Taiwan has its place in history. Known for its rapid growth and industrialisation, the Chinese island is still full of tradition. In the last decade, the tourists took over the island, which is now a popular destination. From the modern Taipei to the traditional tea plantation, passing by the south-eastern beaches, Taiwan has it all for itself. It is now a traveller and foodie paradise, where the insular hospitality is well-known.
2.Canada
This might look like a shameless plug, but my home is actually a country you should visit at least once in your lifetime. The Canadian dollar got pretty low in the last months, making it an affordable trip. Since the country is wide, there is a large variety of sceneries and climates to see. From the Maritimes to the Canadian Rockies, there are plenty of places to visit for every type of traveller.
3.Oman
The real door between Asia, Africa and Europe, Oman is a rising star in the tourism industry. With its clear blue water and ochre sand dunes, it is no wonder the country reclaims Sinbad was its inhabitant. The culture and the hospitality of the locals make this destination especially welcoming. Just looking at the pictures, I know Oman is on my list.
4.Ethiopia
When thinking of booking your next travel destination, I am pretty sure Ethiopia doesn't come on the top of your list. Well, it should. Don't you remember Lucy? The oldest human bones were found in Ethiopia, where history meets civilisation. From UNESCO world heritage sites to cultural experience, the African country has much to offer for your next travel. Make sure you take a look at this beautiful place in 2017.
5. Columbia
If you are like me and spend your days on Netflix, Columbia is associated to the Medellin drug cartel. At least, that is what I tough until a curiously googled "Columbia". What I saw was a breathtaking country with lots to offer. The colourful houses, spicy food, Caribbean beaches and Amazon excursions made me want to buy my plane ticket right away. And if you are worried about the security, do not worry, it is a safe place to visit.
I hope these destinations made you dream of your next travels and that I inspired you to visit a few of them in a near future. I personally will restrain myself from buying plane tickets for all of them, but I might buy at least one.

Enjoy,
The little traveller's boots
Xox

No comments:

Post a Comment